The position involves travelling throughout Canada and in the USA to deliver goods to the company’s clients; the main destinations are Ontario, Quebec, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio.
- Load and unload goods; tie-up goods.
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption; complete a logbook with the working hours.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of the vehicle.
- Oversee condition of the vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- Professionalism in customer service.
- Coach colleagues on new methods or work techniques.
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns.
- Completion of high school is required.
- Experience is an asset.
- Driver’s license Class One valid in Quebec is required.
- A driving record check is required.
- Physically demanding.
- Willing to travel for extended periods and across-border trips.
- Knowledge of the English language is required. Knowledge of the French language is an asset.
CAD 22.00 – CAD 25.00 hourly. Salary can vary or increase according to mileage driven. The company guarantees a minimum weekly payment of CAD 660.00, equal to CAD 22.00 per 30hrs. 30 – 50 hours per week.
We provide extended medical insurance and dental insurance as well as a cellphone and the uniform.
- Flexibility on schedule is required. Employees establish their own working hours according to the week and the load of work.
- The position requires travelling to different places in Canada and the USA and regularly being away for an average time of 4 to 5 consecutive days.
- The position requires driving a tractor truck.
Tlf: +1 647-797-0956
5000 Yonge Street Suite 1901
Toronto, On, M2N 7E9
2020- 10060 Jasper Ave NW
Scotia Place Tower 1 Box # 151
Edmonton, AB, T5J 3R8