CAD $20.00 to CAD $22.00
Various locations throughout Georgian Bay/Muskoka, ON.
– Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings.
– Install sheet metal flashings.
– Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools.
– Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel.
– Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level.
– Install, repair or replace shingle-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
– Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
– Education: Education is not required
– Experience: Experience in the trade or general construction experience is a strong asset. – – On-the-job training is provided.
– Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads,Bending, crouching, kneeling, Repetitive tasks, Hand-eye co-ordination.
We provide disability, dental, extended medical and life insurance coverage as part of our standard benefits for workers. We also offer clothing, pension plan benefits and bonuses depending on the worker’s performance.
This position requires working 40 to 50 hours per week, from Monday to Friday. Our business is weather dependent. Most common work schedule is from 6am to 5pm with 30 minutes of unpaid lunch and 2 paid breaks of 15 min. Flexibility on schedule is required. Saturdays/overtime may be required depending on the weather conditions and projects schedules.