Various locations throughout Georgian Bay/Muskoka, ON.
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings.
- Install sheet metal flashings.
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using asphalt-saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel.
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level.
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions.
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
- Education: not required.
- Experience: Experience in the trade or general. Construction experience is a strong asset—7 to 10 years of experience.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: physically demanding, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, repetitive tasks, hand-eye co-ordination.
CAD 20.00 – CAD 22.00.
We provide disability, dental, extended medical and life insurance coverage as part of our standard benefits for workers. We also offer clothing, pension plan benefits and bonuses depending on the worker’s performance.
This position requires working 40 to 50 hours per week, from Monday to Friday. Our business is weather-dependent. The most common work schedule is from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM with 30 minutes of unpaid lunch and two paid breaks of 15 minutes. Flexibility on schedule is required. Saturdays/overtime may be required depending on the weather conditions and project schedules.