Province of Ontario including Simcoe County, Durham Region, Northumberland County, Prince Edward County – Full time – Permanent position.
- Logging machinery operators, mechanical harvester, and forwarder operators assess site and terrain and drive heavy equipment to perform a combination of felling, slashing, bucking, bunching and forwarding operations at logging areas.
- Operate cable or grapple skidder to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation.
- Operate various machines that perform a combination of slashing, bucking, chipping, sorting and loading logs or trees at landing sites.
- Help to transport trees from logging areas to landing or log loading sites in Ontario.
- May maintain and perform minor repairs on skidders, chain saws and other equipment.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience operating skidder, feller-buncher, forest logging machinery and a chain saw is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with falling trees, limbing trees, bucking trees, skidding trees is required.
- Workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) and first aid certificates are assets obtained once the employment starts.
- Knowledge of 3 harvesting regulations is an asset.
- On-the-job training is provided; however, the experience is required due to the complexity of machinery operated, the type of woodlands used and safety reasons.
- 3 years of logging experience is required. Successful candidates must be able to cut trees with a chainsaw and able to run logging equipment.
CAD 26.50 – CAD 27.50 hourly, 6-9 hours per day, 30-41 hours per week.
- We must travel to several work locations in Ontario, and the position involves working away from home.
- Flexibility on schedule is required due to the weather conditions.
- Working as a logging machinery operator could be dangerous. Safety policy procedures must be observed to prevent accidents at the job site and prevent damage to the machinery.
Tlf: +1 647-797-0956
5000 Yonge Street Suite 1901
Toronto, On, M2N 7E9
2020- 10060 Jasper Ave NW
Scotia Place Tower 1 Box # 151
Edmonton, AB, T5J 3R8