Province of Ontario including Simcoe County, Durham Region, Northumberland County, Prince Edward County – Full time – Permanent position.
- Logging machinery operators, mechanical harvester, and forwarder operators assess site and terrain and drive heavy equipment to perform a combination of felling, slashing, bucking, bunching and forwarding operations at logging areas.
- Operate cable or grapple skidder to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation.
- Operate various machines that perform a combination of slashing, bucking, chipping, sorting and loading logs or trees at landing sites.
- Help to transport trees from logging areas to landing or log loading sites in Ontario.
- May maintain and perform minor repairs on skidders, chain saws and other equipment.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience operating skidder, feller-buncher, forest logging machinery and a chain saw is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with falling trees, limbing trees, bucking trees, skidding trees is required.
- Workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) and first aid certificates are assets obtained once the employment starts.
- Knowledge of 3 harvesting regulations is an asset.
- On-the-job training is provided; however, the experience is required due to the complexity of machinery operated, the type of woodlands used and safety reasons.
- 3 years of logging experience is required. Successful candidates must be able to cut trees with a chainsaw and able to run logging equipment.
CAD 26.50 – CAD 27.50 hourly, 6-9 hours per day, 30-41 hours per week.
- We must travel to several work locations in Ontario, and the position involves working away from home.
- Flexibility on schedule is required due to the weather conditions.
- Working as a logging machinery operator could be dangerous. Safety policy procedures must be observed to prevent accidents at the job site and prevent damage to the machinery.
Apply according to your status
Phone Number: +1 647-797-0956
5000 Yonge Street Suite 1901 Box #99
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2020- 10060 Jasper Ave NW
Scotia Place Tower 1 Box # 151
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada