Various locations throughout Kingston, Ottawa and London. Different construction / building sites.
CAD $30.00 to CAD $32.00 per hour, 40 Hours per week.
– Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets.
– Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings.
– Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound.
– Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints.
– Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists.
– Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners.
– Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife.
– Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry.
– Prepare tenders and quotations
– Instruct apprentices.
– Supervise other workers.
– Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages.
– Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
– Estimate costs and materials.
– Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
– Help to clean and prepare surfaces.
– Prepare wall and ceiling layouts.
– Completion of high school.
– A minimum of 3 years of experience in drywall installing, plastering or finishing is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate OR Completion of a three-to four-year apprenticeship program is required OR A combination of three years of work experience and some high school, college or industry courses in plastering, drywalling or finishing will help to qualify
– Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Handling heavy loads, Hand-eye co-ordination, Repetitive tasks, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Manual dexterity, Physically demanding, Standing for extended periods.
– Work Site Environment: Dusty, Noisy.
– Personal Suitability: Dependability, Judgement, Flexibility, Team player, Reliability
– Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
-This position will require working Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM with 60 minutes of unpaid lunch and two 15-minute unpaid breaks.
-The worker will rotate in different construction/building sites throughout London, Ottawa and Kingston.
Tlf: +1 647-797-0956
5000 Yonge Street Suite 1901
Toronto, On, M2N 7E9
2020- 10060 Jasper Ave NW
Scotia Place Tower 1 Box # 151
Edmonton, AB, T5J 3R8