Various locations throughout Kingston, Ottawa and London. Different construction / building sites.
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets.
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place them in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings.
- Tape over joints using the taping machine and embed tape in the compound.
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints.
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists.
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners.
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using a trowel and broad knife.
- Smooth out the excess compound and allow the coat to dry.
- Prepare tenders and quotations.
- Instruct apprentices.
- Supervise other workers.
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages.
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications.
- Estimate costs and materials.
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
- Help to clean and prepare surfaces.
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts.
- Completion of high school.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in drywall installing, plastering, or finishing is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate is required OR completion of a 3- to 4-year apprenticeship program OR a combination of 3 years of work experience and some high school, college, or industry courses in plastering, drywalling or finishing will help to qualify.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: handling heavy loads, hand-eye co-ordination, repetitive tasks, bending, crouching, kneeling, manual dexterity, physically demanding, standing for extended periods.
- Worksite environment: dusty, noisy.
- Personal suitability: dependability, judgement, flexibility, team player, reliability.
- Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
CAD 30.00 per hour, minimum 30 hours per week.
Transportation costs are covered if the worker needs to relocate. Also, transportation from one work location to another will be provided.
- This position will require working Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM with 60 minutes of unpaid lunch and two 15-minute unpaid breaks.
- The worker will rotate in different construction/building sites throughout London, Ottawa and Kingston.
Apply according to your status
Tlf: +1 647-797-0956
5000 Yonge Street Suite 1901
Toronto, On, M2N 7E9
2020- 10060 Jasper Ave NW
Scotia Place Tower 1 Box # 151
Edmonton, AB, T5J 3R8