Clarksburg, Ontario – Canada.
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made.
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form a complete unit and reinforce joints. Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Help to trim excess material from workpieces.
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products.
- Apply varnish, veneer, stain or polish to finished products.
- Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools including power saws, jointers, mortisers, moulders, or shapers to cut, shape and form parts and components.
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products.
- According to the plans and specifications, help to perform some rough and finish carpentry to the company’s standard of quality.
- Measure and mark parts on paper or lumber stock before cutting, following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
- Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators.
- Attach part or subassemblies to form completed units using glue, dowels, nails, screws or clamps.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches, or drawer pulls, using hand tools.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience: a minimum of 3 years of work experience in cabinetmaking is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Familiarity with heritage methods and techniques is an asset.
- Working conditions and physical capabilities: manual dexterity.
- Personal suitability: ability to interact well with team members, effective interpersonal skills.
CAD 19.00 – CAD 21.00 hourly, 42.5 hours per week.
Transportation costs will be covered if worker needs to relocate.
The hours of operation are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. If there is a deadline to meet, it is expected that employees either start earlier or finish later. Overtime work might be required on weekends.
Apply according to your status
2020- 10060 Jasper Ave NW
Scotia Place Tower 1 Box # 151
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada